Jonas Karlsson has deployed the final version of the ChuChu Rocket! server. This version adds a host of new features that were in the original Sega server and also improves reliability. Here’s what’s new:
- User Registration – You can now register your nickname so that no one else can use it. Your username and password will also be saved for future logins.
- Puzzle Land – Upload and download custom puzzles.
- Server Chat Notifications – Chat will show when players enter and leave the server.
- Multiple Players on One Console – Multiple players can now play online on a single console.
- Rankings – Press X on a player to view their number of wins, losses, and games played.
- Leaderboard – A leaderboard showing the top 10 players.
- Room Creation – Create your own custom rooms in the game.
Important note: User registration is bound to one console. If you play on more than one Dreamcast, you will need multiple nicknames.
I want to once again thank Jonas for all his work getting ChuChu Rocket! back online. It’s a fantastic contribution to the Dreamcast community. For information on how to connect to the server, please refer to the Connection Guide.
Update: The ability to create your own rooms has also been added.