Sega Swirl E-Mail Challenge Setup Instructions for DreamPi
Here are instructions on how to set up a Gmail account for use with Sega Swirl’s E-Mail Challenge mode. This guide is only for DreamPi users.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use your personal Gmail account for this. It’s highly recommended that you set up a new account specifically for this purpose.
- Download the dcgmail.sh file.
- Copy the dcgmail.sh file to the root of your DreamPi SD card using a PC and an SD card reader.
(The SD card will show up in a file browser as “boot”.)
- Boot up the Pi and log in using ‘pi’ as the username and ‘raspberry’ as the password.
(Note that the characters will not show up on the screen when typing the password. This is normal.)
- Type the following: sudo bash /boot/dcgmail.sh, hit Enter, and wait for the installation to finish.
- After the installation finishes, type in the following when prompted:
Gmail username: Your email username not including @gmail.com
Gmail password: Your Gmail password (no duh)
Local Pop Password: This is the password you will use when setting up the email account in the Dreamcast web browser. Enter anything you want.
After you have everything configured, simply set up a Gmail account in your Dreamcast web browser of choice using the IP addresses specified by dcGmail for the POP and SMTP addresses and the password you set up. Once you do this, you’re all set to play Sega Swirl. Simply boot up the game, select the “Email Challenge” option, and either start a new game by entering one or more email addresses of the people you want to play with, or respond to an existing game.
Note: You may receive an email from Google about a blocked sign-in attempt after using dcGmail for the first time. To fix this, you need to allow access from “less secure apps”; you can do this here.